10 Tips For Staying In Shape – With Fitness Champion Tracey Guile
Words: Tracey Guile-Hosseini & Matt Innes
Now more than ever it is important to be healthy.
But being healthy doesn’t have to mean punishing yourself with hours at the gym or undertaking extreme diets. The first steps to maintaining a healthy lifestyle are getting into a regular exercise routine, eating the right food, and starting with the right mindset.
Tracey Guile is a Brisbane-based fitness professional and personal trainer who has competed in 22 national and international tournaments.
She earned her pro status in figure with World Beauty Fitness & Fashion (WBFF) Figure Pro at the 2017 World Championships in London.
Since then, she has competed with International Federation Of Bodybuilding & Fitness (IFBB), achieving 2nd Place at the 2020 Arnold Classic Open Women’s Physique.
Here, Tracey imparts her best 10 tips for getting started towards a lifetime of health and vitality.
TRACEY’S BEST 10 TIPS FOR STAYING IN SHAPE
Well, it depends on what shape you would like to be in 😉 round, solid, lean, healthy, swole, string bean – LOL!
Let’s go with staying healthy.
Life often runs away with us and there is always something to do – job, family, chores, bills, events, celebrations, appointments, blah, blah, blah.
Nevertheless, management of your life is essential, as is prioritising and making time for YOU.
You don’t need to be a model, an Insta babe, an action hero or a gym junkie to be healthy! These 10 tips are designed to help you establish and maintain an exercise regime that works for you because when it comes to your health, you’re the one who matters most.
- Plan your exercise for the week.
- Aim for 90mins exercise per week:
– 3 x 30mins for beginner OR
– 5 x 30mins (150mins per week) for life-changing
- Find a form of exercise you enjoy! If you cannot enjoy exercise, focus on the results.
- Find a training buddy/coach/personal trainer – lean on each other for motivation and fun. Being healthy needn’t be a chore.
- Don’t buy bad naughty food! If you don’t have it – you can’t eat it 😉
- Eat 4-6 balanced meals per day.
- Be positive, be happy, smile and laugh LOADS.
- Believe in yourself, trust how amazing you are.
- Nature really is our best nurturer: sunshine, fruits of the earth, livestock, seafood.
- Be consistent!